We're currently recruiting for an Estimator & Contract Manager to work on-site and in our Head Office in Poole, Dorset. The ideal candidate will be confident in controlling the costs of contracts from receipt of order through to final account and the coordination of Production and Site Programmes to ensure deadlines are met and quality maintained.
- Controlling the costs of contracts from receipt of order through to final account.
- Coordination of Production and Site Programmes to ensure deadlines are met and quality maintained.
- Deliver high quality customer care.
- Work will usually be allocated by the Director.
- Receive tender enquiries and acknowledge receipt of same.
- Prepare enquiry and send out to various sub-contractors and suppliers with all relevant information and forms.
- Arrange site visits as necessary.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Read through tender documentation and raise any questions with the client or architect.
- Prepare tender and discuss mark-up requirements with Estimating/Contracts Director.
- Inform the Estimating/Contracts Director of contracts likely to exceed £1m in value or which involve work on listed/special buildings, of a complex nature, over four storeys or work outside of the UK and Northern Ireland.
- Inform the Accounts Manager of any new client for credit check purposes.
- Submit tender in required format on time and if required continue negotiations with client’s representatives.
- If unsuccessful find out why from client team and report to Tekne Directors.
- Report to the Estimating/Contracts Director and arrange Contract/Production Team meeting with all Departmental Managers and the nominated Tekne Site Manager and initiate / coordinate Production Schedule and Site Programme.
- Identify allowances for levels of labour, plant, purchasing lead times etc.
- Liaise closely with Managers to ensure effective communication between departments and clients/customers.
- Place orders with all domestic, named and nominated subcontractors as Tekne procedures (eg subcontractor evaluation in place, ensure subcontractor liability insurances, tax status details are in place).
- Prepare monthly valuations and invoices to clients.
- Prepare weekly labour forecasts as necessary.
- Monitor and coordinate the Production Schedule/Site Programme to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with Site Manager to ensure snag-free handover.
- Confirm and report all variations to the client and/or their representative.
- Check all purchase ledger and subcontract invoices against orders/work carried out, to ensure their correctness as regards quantities, price and contract coding and rectify any discrepancies.
- Reconcile, confirm and report all contract costs to the Estimating/Surveying Director on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and agree final accounts with client representatives.
- Maintain all contract information, paperwork etc. for filing and archiving.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients, customers, members of the public, Centre Management etc. and understand the values of Customer Care.
Health & Safety:
- Be aware of the purpose of the H&S Management System and the subsequent procedures introduced and their effect on the management of any Contract.
- Liaise with the Safety Director re the approved list of contractors and the management thereof.
- Ensure that all new contractors are assessed and verified in accordance with Tek Pr 005.
- Ensure that any unusual work, specialist contracts are assessed on an individual basis and that all the known risks are assessed.
- Oversee production of Construction Phase and Handover documentation.
- Work with the Site Manager to produce / oversee the Risk Assessments and Method Statements for all works.
- When visiting sites wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed by the Site Manager and promote a positive attitude towards health and safety.
- Co-operate with management on all aspects of health and safety and assist in assessing workplace risks.
- Follow all policy, procedures, rules, safe working methods etc. at all times.
- Undertake any training as is necessary to ensure you remain competent to carry out your allocated tasks.
- Not operate machinery, plant or equipment for which you have not received the required training.
- Report any incident, accident, dangerous occurrence and/or property damage to your line manager.
- Not misuse any item of equipment that has been provided to protect you or others.
- Take reasonable care of yourself and those who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Undertake any task not specified above that is deemed to be within the remit of the role.